House Series No. 3
In 2008, while working on another series [I will discuss in later blogs] I decided to take a portion of the houses in one of the watercolors [from the works done in Wales] and blow it up in size. I used a projector on a large piece of paper in order to make it like the imagery, and kept the quality of simplicity.
Unlike the earlier paintings, this one was much larger in size. The original images were done in a watercolor sketchpad with paper sizes 4.5 ” by 6.5″ in size. This one is actually 16″ X 22″ in size.
Its child-like character truly became enhanced by the larger format, as you see in the images below: